10 reasons why Dramaturgy on Demand works
- I don’t work for one Theatre Company, so there is not theatre agenda to adhere to. You get to write the play you want regardless of mandate.
- You don’t have to “qualify” there is no criteria to be met to get these services.
- You may access these services when it is convenient for you.
- The turnaround time is fast. Sometimes theatre companies or development centers take weeks or months (sometimes years or never!) to get back to you. I can quickly give you feedback with a short turnaround time. (Great for grant and submission deadlines.)
- I have a great track record. I’m not just any theatre artist who wants to tell you “how to fix your play.”
- I inspire and constantly receive great feedback from my artist clients.
- I am connected to the professional theatre world and can set up workshops with the best actors in the business.
- One of my strengths is that as a professional playwright, I understand what it’s like sitting on the other side of the table or being on the other end of the phone.
- As an instructor, with a long history of teaching beginner, intermediate and advanced playwriting classes, I provide tools to emerging playwrights. These help playwrights craft their own unique story or voice.
- I am agenda-less. My only agenda is to help the playwright write the best play they can. I won’t ever want to take over or co-author your script. (Yes, we’ve all heard those stories!)
“I think writers are the best dramaturgs, they know how to talk to each other.”