Dramaturgy On Demand
I call myself a Compassionate dramaturg because as a professional playwright I really understand what it’s like to be on the other side of the table.
And as a professional playwright I have been dramaturged by some of the best and the brightest in the industry, I know what works.
- Have a play stuck inside your head that needs to get onto paper?
- Got a first draft and not sure what’s next?
- Getting ready to send your script out and would like some feedback first?
- Independent dramaturgy is free from:
- Agendas: you don’t have to qualify, meet mandates or play politics.
- Deadlines: dramaturgy services when you need them.
- Time constraints: get he development your play requires when you need it.
- Casting requirements: you have the option to choose your own actors.
- Traditional development: you don’t need a first draft – develop your play from the idea you wrote on a Starbucks napkin!
- One-on-one Meetings
- By phone or in person
- Feedback on first ideas, first drafts or final drafts
- New Play Development Workshops
- Half or full day sessions
- Closed door, round table, in-depth discovery sessions with actors
- Play Readings
- Workshop where actors read the play in a closed reading, or in front of an audience