Dramaturgy On Demand
I have worked in new play development for decades with playwrights in Canada ans the USA working with over a hundred artist clients.
As a professional playwright I have been dramaturged by some of the best and the brightest in the industry. I know what works.
I can help you get from concept or idea to a pre-production draft.
I understand that each artist has individual needs. I understand the difference between being an explorer in a strange, new land vs being a colonizer.
I am not a co-writer, a critic, or an editor. I understand the craft of dramturgy and the role of the dramaturg.
I believe the world needs more theatre.
I want you to succeed.
- Have a play stuck inside your head that needs to get onto paper?
- Got a first draft and not sure what’s next?
- Getting ready to send your script out and would like some feedback first?
- Independent dramaturgy is free from:
- Agendas: you don’t have to qualify, meet mandates or play politics.
- Deadlines: dramaturgy services when you need them.
- Time constraints: get he development your play requires when you need it.
- Casting requirements: you have the option to choose your own actors.
- Traditional development: you don’t need a first draft – develop your play from the idea you wrote on a Starbucks napkin!
- One-on-one Meetings
- By phone or in person
- Feedback on first ideas, first drafts or final drafts
- New Play Development Workshops
- Half or full day sessions
- Closed door, round table, in-depth discovery sessions with actors
- Play Readings
- Workshop where actors read the play in a closed reading, or in front of an audience